- Trauma Cleaning Services
- Bird Infestation Cleaning Service
- Biohazard Cleaning Service
- Sharps Removal Service
- Void Property Cleaning Service
Trauma Cleaning Service
Whether it is a suicide, trauma or crime scene each of these situations are very distressing to the people and families involved. The last thing on their mind is the potential hazardous bodily fluids and airborne bacteria that could be present.
It is a common perception that the emergency services will organise and complete the safe cleaning of a crime scene or trauma once they have provided their respective services. However this is incorrect, the cleaning and disinfection of the scene is left to the owner of the property to organise.
There are strict guidelines and legislation surrounding the cleaning of crime and trauma scenes due to the nature and type of hazardous bodily fluids that are present and the potential risk to human health. Viruses such as hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) can be transferred via bodily fluids therefore the treatment of contaminated areas is fundamental to prevent infection.
- Maxigienes trauma and crime scene cleaning service, provides a discreet and proficient disinfection and clean up solution whilst ensuring total client confidentiality is upheld. Using advanced decontamination and cleaning techniques the area is safely disinfected and the removal of dangerous bodily fluids is performed in a controlled and sensitive manner eliminating the risk and spread of infection.
Bird Infestation Cleaning Service
Bird droppings from pigeons, gulls and other birds can result in permanent damage to the structure of your building or equipment if it is not dealt with correctly. Areas such as roofs, balconies, machinery, ventilation systems, and lofts provide birds with sheltered spots that are ideal for roosting and nesting. The birds then leave their bodily waste in the building or area it has chosen to nest in.
Bird Faeces is very acidic, this can lead to corrosion of the surfaces it is present on, especially tar-based roofing materials, and paint finishes.
Ventilation systems are also vulnerable to damage from bird droppings as the ducts can become clogged which can result in expensive repairs.
Birds also introduce parasites, fleas and ticks into the environment around their nesting areas. This combined with the unpleasant odours that droppings from birds create presents a risk to human health.
The odour and contaminants can quickly be spread around the building through the ventilation system and inhaling the bacteria and fungi in bird faeces can compromise your immune system causing diseases, including: Cryptococci, Histoplasmosis and Psittacosis.
The safe removal of bird waste is not only vital to improve the aesthetic appearance of the building or surface it is present on, it also ensures human health issues are eliminated and the life of the surface is prolonged.
- Maxigienes bird droppings removal service, provides fully trained technicians, in the removal, cleaning and sanitisation of areas that have been affected by bird droppings and ensure the procedure is performed in an efficient and safe manner.
Biohazard Cleaning Service
Biohazards such as bodily fluids and faeces can carry viruses such as hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV. The safe decontamination and cleaning of areas that have been soiled by a bio-hazardous incident is vital in order to reduce and eliminate the risk of infection from exposure.
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002, employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of employees and anyone else that may be on the premises.
Employers must have a procedure in place for reporting an incident involving a biohazard as part of their Health and Safety plan. This plan should evaluate the risk of infection from exposure and state the company’s procedure for the removal and disinfection of the area contaminated.
The cleaning of an incident involving biohazards is the responsibility of the person who holds overall responsible for the premises. If left unattended, bodily fluids such as blood, urine and vomit will often seep into porous materials and areas which are not visible to the untrained eye, making the clean-up extremely difficult and the risk of exposure to infection much greater.
- Maxigienes biohazard cleaning service, quickly and efficiently cleans up the biohazard with minimal disruption to your business or premises. Maxigienes’ trained professionals are experienced in dealing with delicate circumstances and they will clean bio hazards up at any location with complete discretion.
Sharps Removal Service
The safe and controlled removal of needles, syringes and other sharp objects is extremely important as this type of waste can carry harmful diseases and if not removed and disposed could cause serious infections.
Sharps such as needles, syringes, and blades are often found in bins, toilets and public areas as well as abandoned houses and squats that are used by illegal drug users. The main risk associated with sharps such as needles and syringes is puncture wounds that allow highly infectious blood borne pathogens including Hepatitis B and HIV to be passed to the individual.
- High risk infections from sharps eliminated
- Disposal adheres to current legislation
- Surrounding area decontaminated and cleaned
Therefore it is imperative that any sightings of sharps be reported immediately and disposed of by a trained professional. It is important to remember that disposing of needles, syringes and hypodermics in a public litter bin or in household waste is extremely dangerous.
When removing potentially infectious syringes, needles and other sharps it is essential that the process is carried out safely using the correct sharps removal protection equipment and clothing.
- Maxigienes trained needle and syringe removal teams, understand the possible dangers dirty needles and syringes can pose and the importance of disposing of them safely and quickly. Experienced in examining large areas of waste and rubbish our specialist team conduct an extensive needle sweep guaranteeing all sharps are removed before fully decontaminating and cleaning the area ensuring all bio-hazardous contamination is eradicated.
Void Property Cleaning Service
Vacant commercial and residential properties provide an ideal opportunity for vandalism and anti-social behaviour to take place.
When squatters or unruly tenants are evicted from houses, flats and commercial properties the abandoned premises is often left in an uninhabitable state with large amounts of waste and damage being left behind.
A high proportion of this waste is often hazardous, including drug paraphernalia such as needles, syringes, and bodily fluid that can harbour infectious diseases such as Hepatitis B and HIV and which can be very difficult to dispose of. This can slow down the process of re-letting or selling the property.
- Removal of harmful sharps
- Decontamination and clean of property
- Quick response service
When performing a vacant property clean-up it is important that this process is performed safely using the correct biohazard cleaning and sharps removal equipment and clothing due to the risk of exposure to infectious diseases.
- Maxigienes void property cleaning service, ensures a rapid response from trained professionals who complete a full hypodermic needle sweep to remove any harmful sharps to ensure the risk of infection is eliminated. Once this has been completed a comprehensive thorough biohazard clean and disinfection of the property is performed to make sure that the property is clean and safe to be re-let or to be sold as quickly as possible.